FOR BUILDING THE DHA LEVELS:
The DHA in our Algae oil is stored by the body over time (which is the goal). Initially, more is recommended and over time, the dosage can be reduced.
- Most of the population is DHA / Omega-3 deficient, or overly exposed to Omega-6 fatty acids. To rebuild the system, it is recommended to start with 2 ml (~ 2 grams or 2 droppers) of Algae oil per day. At 2 ml / day, the bottle is a 25 day supply of oil.
- Ideally, if the person can afford it, consuming a bottle of Algae oil every 12 days is the BEST way to build DHA stores. Doing so for 3 months will raise the blood levels, while doing it for 12 months will do so in the tissues.
- After that, consumption can be reduced and the body will maintain its necessary levels.
- Children can take half that amount (1 ml / 1 gram / 1,000 mg / 1 dropper).
FOR MAINTENANCE, AFTER HAVING BUILT UP DHA LEVELS:
- Adults: 1 ml / 1 gram / 1,000 mg / 1 dropper
- Children: 0.5 ml / 0.5 gram / 500 mg / 0.5 dropper
- 300-500 mg / day (~ ⅓ - ½ dropper) of Algae oil will make an incredible difference in the appearance of your complexion, overall skin condition (look and feel of entire surface of the body), and your hair and nails.
- If you're not bothered by Algae oil (I'm easily turned off by anything and I'm not bothered by it), you may apply 2-5 drops on your face (and arms, etc.) and gently massage it in. Leave it on for 5-10 minute or for good.
- You may wash it off after 5-10 minutes, if desired, using one of Schizandu's Cleansing Bars, or some other PURE product. The nourishment will have absorbed into your skin by then. Personally, I like to leave the Algae oil on. It's AMAZING what it does and I appreciate its further protection from environmental stress (even if at home). It absorbs, so it's more like I leave it "IN".